Friday, April 11, 2008

Getting ready for my NPIP inspection

This past week has been just crazy (heck, this past month has been crazy!) I had my NPIP (National Poultry Improvement Plan) inspection yesterday, and spent days getting ready. And this on top of all the other craziness that goes on in springtime, and I'm just about beat. I am taking today off, (well, sort of) and some of tomorrow too. I have a new computer to install and I want to be able to focus on that, which invariably takes at least twice as long as you think it will.

I wound up deciding not to go to the show this weekend. There was just too much going on, and I wasn't able to wash birds last weekend. As well, DH was deathly ill with the flu (he's still hacking a bit this week) and I had the inspection coming up. I knew I had made the right decision when I felt a sense of relief after canceling the hotel reservation.

Now all I have to do this weekend is get things tidied up, clean out some brooder boxes, and move some more birds (I swear, I feel like I spend my life moving birds from one place to another, rather like laundry!) Then I can focus on getting the new computer set up and running (my old one is ten years old, it's time and then some.) And I might even take an hour or two off to read a book or something! ((grin))

No comments: